Honda CR-V Ownership Costs and Resale Value
How much does the Honda CR-V cost? The 2018 Honda CR-V has a starting MSRP of $24,240* and comes with interior features like a rearview camera, a tilt and telescopic steering wheel, and speed-sensitive volume control. The CR-V also has a generous amount of cargo space, with up to 75.8 cubic feet when the rear seats folded down. All of these features have resulted in positive reviews from auto experts.
While a vehicle with exceptional features is crucial, another important part of any car purchase is knowing how valuable your vehicle will be later on down the line, particularly if you intend to sell it at some point in the future. Learn more about Honda CR-V ownership costs and resale value below!
True Cost to Own: Honda CR-V vs. Competitors
Not only has the Honda CR-V received many positive reviews for its large cargo space, interior features, and high-quality cabin, but this compact SUV also has an exceptional resale value. Compare the average Edmunds True Cost to Own® (TCO®) of $33,306 for the Honda CR-V to those of its competitors. The mid-size SUV you want could actually be the least expensive in the long run.
- The 2018 Nissan Rogue S (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic) costs $35,039 based on a 5-year estimate with 15,000 miles driven per year.
- The 2018 Ford Escape SE 4WD (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic) costs $34,244 based on a 5-year estimate with 15,000 miles driven per year.
Honda CR-V Awards for Value
The 2018 Honda CR-V also won Edmunds’ 2018 Best Retained Value® Award for the Compact SUV segment**, meaning it is one of the SUVs that best holds its value. This award was given out to brands and models that have the highest projected private party residual value five years after their launch.
Honda CR-V Reviews
Not only does the CR-V boast an exemplary resale value and a lower average ownership cost than leading competitors, it also comes critically acclaimed! See what industry insiders have been saying in these snippets from 2018 Honda CR-V reviews:
- U.S. News: “We named the CR-V our 2018 Best Compact SUV for the Money*** because it has the best combination of overall quality and value in its class. Thanks to its sizeable cabin, wealth of safety features, and positive feedback from automotive writers, we named the CR-V our 2018 Best Compact SUV for Families****.”
- Car and Driver: “Honda’s CR-V is a triple threat: it packs a host of high-tech equipment, impressive fuel economy, and copious cargo space. As if that’s not enough, the CR-V also boasts contemporary styling and engaging driving dynamics.”
- Edmunds: “There’s also more rear legroom […] and an exceptional 75.8 cubic feet of maximum cargo space that makes the supposedly compact CR-V a legitimate alternative to midsize SUVs. Add it all up and the CR-V is a strong contender for best-in-class honors.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “It has more interior room than a Toyota RAV4, more power than the Nissan Rogue and better resale value than a Ford Escape. The [Honda CR-V] continues to be the go-to crossover SUV for those seeking dependability, affordability, safety and simplicity.”
Test Drive the Honda CR-V at Underriner Honda
To learn more about why the 2018 Honda CR-V resale value is so high or to experience this Honda SUV’s many other winning qualities, contact us at Underriner Honda near Cody and Laurel to schedule a test drive with one of our new Honda CR-V models today!
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $995.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.