2016 Honda HR-V vs. 2016 Jeep Renegade
2016 Honda HR-V
2016 Jeep Renegade
The 2016 Honda HR-V delivers stronger efficiency ratings, superior interior space, and a more comprehensive selection of standard features compared to the 2016 Jeep Renegade. With everything from efficiency to everyday comfort getting a boost when you opt for the HR-V, it should come as no surprise to learn that Billings and Lockwood drivers are flocking to this new compact crossover.
One of the defining traits of the 2016 Honda HR-V is its ability to deliver up to 141 hp and 127 lb-ft of torque from a 1.8L four-cylinder engine without sacrificing fuel economy. In fact, you’ll make up to 25 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway* with a six-speed manual transmission and 2WD or an even stronger 28 mpg city and 35 mpg highway* with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and 2WD. With AWD, the HR-V offers 27 mpg city and 32 mpg highway.*
A quick comparison with the Renegade is enough to demonstrate its inferiority. At best, you’ll make only 24 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. At worst? Expect just 21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway.
The 2016 Honda HR-V offers Billings and Lockwood drivers up to 58.8 cubic feet of cargo space vs. just 50.8 with the 2016 Jeep Renegade. That’s already a significant difference, but what really separates the HR-V from the competition is its numerous versatility modes, which include:
- Utility Mode: Flip the Magic Seat down to take larger items.
- Long Mode: Fold both the passenger-side front and rear seats to fit items up to 8 feet in length.
- Tall Mode: Fold a rear seat down to create close to 4 feet of vertical space.
The 2016 Jeep Renegade rests at the bottom of the segment when it comes to standard features, while the 2016 Honda HR-V allows you to enjoy great features across all trim levels.
Here’s just a short selection of the features you’ll receive standard with the HR-V but not with the Renegade:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Cruise Control
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC)
The 2016 Honda HR-V Roundly Outperforms the 2016 Jeep Renegade
From lagging in efficiency to delivering far fewer features as standard, the 2016 Jeep Renegade consistently fails to live up to the standards set by the 2016 Honda HR-V. If you’d like to experience the HR-V for yourself near Lockwood, MT, just visit Underriner Honda in Billings.
* 25 city/34 highway/28 combined mpg rating for 6MT models. 28 city/35 highway/31 combined mpg rating for 2WD CVT models. 27 city/32 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD CVT models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.