The New 2015 Honda CR-V
The new 2015 Honda CR-V
Economy, versatility, and value
Boldly restyled and significantly enhanced for 2015, the new Honda CR-V raises the bar with major updates that delivers greater powertrain performance, added fuel economy and enhanced safety. The end result is more value and fun for our loyal customer base.
Test drive the new 2015 CR-V, and find out why Motor Trend awarded the CR-V its coveted ‘Sport-Utility Vehicle Award of the Year Award.’
|Video of the all new Honda CR-V|
How does the CR-V stack up against the competition? It’s among the best resale values in its class.
Honda has consistently taken top honors in its class. Our competitors have tried to gain an edge with a lower up-front price, but have you considered the long-haul and looked at the whole picture? Honda vehicles have an established reputation for being lower maintenance and having better resale value giving us a decisive edge over the competition.
|2015 Honda CRV LX (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)||$37,530|
|2015 Nissan Rogue S (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic w/Produ. End 12/31)||$38,304|
|2015 Ford Escape SE 4WD||$40,001|
|2015 Toyota RAV 4 SUV (LE 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed automatic)||$39,066|
Discover how the Honda CR-V stacks up against its competition. Featuring upscale technology, a roomy interior cabin, ample storage space and versatility, the Honda CR-V is the perfect getaway vehicle to take the family on that beach trip or picnic at the local park. With agile handling and an all-around fun-to-drive vehicle package, the CR-V is the start of an adventure. Honda doesn’t overproduce to satisfy union contracts, nor does it have excessive year-end rebates that act to undermine its value. Think about it. An automotive manufacturer that has gimmicky year-end sales whereby they substantially cut the cost of their vehicle thousands of dollars undermines the resale value of their product. Honda doesn’t do this! Honda doesn’t have to do so! Its products sell!
Examine the average Edmunds.com True Cost to Own® (TCO®) for the Honda CR-V, and compare it to its competitors. The mid-size SUV you want could actually be the least expensive in the long run.
- In comparison, the 2015 Nissan Rogue S (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic) costs $38,304 based on a 5-year estimate with 15,000 miles driven per year.
- In comparison, the 2015 Ford Escape SE 4WD costs $40,001 based on a 5-year estimate with 15,000 miles driven per year.
- In comparison, the 2015 Hyundai Tucson GLS (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic) costs $41,718 based on a 5-year estimate with 15,000 miles driven per year.
- In comparison, the 2015 Toyota RAV 4 SUV (LE 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed automatic) costs $38,304 based on a 5-year estimate with 15,000 miles driven per year.
These factors all explain why the Honda CR-V won Motor Trend’s coveted 2015 Sport-Utility Vehicle of the Year Award and why Edmunds.com rated it among the most economical in its class based on its True Cost to Own® calculations.
Considering an CR-V? Compare it to the competition
The CR-V is notably enhanced with multiple functionality upgrades, including a new configurable center console, new rear console heat/air ventilation ducts, and an available 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio telematics interface. A redesigned high-quality and high-tech interior further increases the CR-V’s sophistication.
CR-V Inside and OutThe 2015 CR-V includes easy-to-read instrumentation and, for the first time on CR-V, Honda’s new 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio telematics interface. Noteworthy features include:
- Display Audio, standard on EX and above trim levels, allows the user to tap, pinch, and swipe – just like on a smart phone or tablet – to control audio and other telematics features, including the available next-generation HondaLink? and the Honda Satellite-linked Navigation System?
- A full-color intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID) that offers a range of customizable features via fingertip controls on the steering wheel.
- The audio and telematics systems offers a high level of connectivity, including a standard Pandora®11 internet interface and SMS text messaging function, Bluetooth®12 HandsFreeLink® phone interface.
Every CR-V has been refined inside and out. Lean back in the available leather-trimmed seats, and let in a little light through the power moonroof with one-touch control (EX and above.) All this luxury, and you’ll still enjoy room for give, 60/40 split rear seats, and plenty of cargo space.
The CR-V Powertrain!
The 2015 model is the most efficient CR-V yet. An engine upgrade and the latest technology from Honda come together for superb fuel economy ratings. Appeal to your practical side without sacrificing a single bit of fun. According to Yahoo Autos, “the engine, chassis and suspension are dialed in to velvet-smooth satisfaction. Top that with everyday practicality, and it’s one of the highlights of Honda’s lineup.”
The CR-V features only one exclusive powertrain, an in-line 4-cylinder, 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC, which puts out 185 horsepower and 181 lb-ft torque. It’s complimented by direct fuel injection and an aluminum alloy engine block and cylinder head. All in all, it’s a great engine for a sport-utility vehicle that achieves the perfect synergy of both performance and economy.
The CR-V has received its most significant mid-model cycle refresh in its history with a new direct-injected Earth Dreams Technology? i-VTEC® engine and continuously variable transmission (CVT), a new suite of Honda Sensing? safety and driver assistive features, significantly enhanced exterior and interior styling, a long list of new standard and available features and a new premium Touring trim.
Safety Comes Standard!
Honda engineers design systems that not only help protect you, but also help you avoid collisions altogether. Honda brings you these advanced safety features on every 2015 CR-V.
- ACE body structure: The latest generation of our exclusive ACE body structure helps increase occupant protection in frontal crashes by using the latest crash-energy dispersion structure.
- The Anti-locking Braking System (ABS): ABS uses a special modulator to pulse the brakes to help prevent wheel lookup. This helps the driver retain steering control when braking hard.
- Electronic Brake Distribution: Electronic brake distribution helps balance braking forces, depending on how much load each wheel is bearing.
- Rearview Camera: Get a little back-up and parking assistance with our standard rear-view camera with guidelines.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): TPMS alerts the driver when any pressure in any tire becomes significantly low.
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA): VSA helps sense oversteer or understeer, and brakes individual wheels and/or reduces enginer power to help you keep on your intended course.
The CR-V Touring is the first vehicle to receive Honda Sensing technologies. This suite of driver-assistive features helps improve the driver’s situational awareness, and in some cases intervenes to help avoid a collision or mitigate its severity.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: The ingenious CMBS system can sense a vehicle in front of the CR-V, sound a warning, tighten the front seat belts and automatically apply brake pressure to help bring the vehicle to a stop. (Touring)
- Lane Keeping Assist System: When begin to depart a detected lane without a turn signal, alerts will flash and sound and the steering wheel will adjust to correct the unintentional lane drifting. (Touring)
- Honda LANEWATCH: A tiny camera under the passenger mirror activates with your turn signal. A view of the lane with nearly four times more area than the mirror alone appears on your Display Audio screen. (EX and above)
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Set a desired speed and interval behind the vehicle detected directly in front of you. When the vehicle ahead changes speed, ACC adapts to maintain the set interval. (Touring)
- Lane Departure Warning: Alerts sound and flash when an unindicated lane departure is detected by the small camera behind the rearview mirror. (Touring)
- More efficient direct-injected engine with torque up 11 percent
- New seamless and sporty CVT for enhanced performance and fuel efficiency
- Bold new exterior design plus chassis, braking system and sound isolation improvements
- New standard features include a center console armrest, sliding sunvisors and rear console ventilation ducts New available features include a power tailgate, 10-way power and heated driver’s seat with memory, LED daytime running lights, and Display Audio Available Honda Sensing? suite of advanced safety and driver assistive features that includes Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Collision Mitigation Braking System? (CMBS?), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Honda LaneWatch?
Awards and Accolades
“The refreshed 2015 Honda CR-V checks all the boxes for compact-crossover shoppers,” declares Automobile Magazine, “and no other competitor offers such a well-rounded package as this more efficient, more refined, and better-equipped CR-V does.”
“Honda’s CR-V is already known for its efficiency and utility,” observes Edmunds.com, “and the 2015 CR-V enhances those qualities. The refreshed 2015 Honda CR-V gets a new engine and transmission aimed at further improving efficiency plus new safety, comfort and convenience features. If you’re shopping for a top-shelf compact SUV, the CR-V remains one of your best bets.”
The 2015 Honda CR-V was also the recipient of Motor Trend’s 2015 Sport/Utility of the Year®.
The 2015 Honda CR-V ranks #1 out of twenty-two Affordable Compact SUVs, according to U.S. News and World Report.